1. I participated as an official in the Iron Fist Taekwondo Tournament last Saturday, which means I was a pattern judge, a corner judge and a referee. It was a very full day, where I learned a lot. Here are a few photos. Please don't mind my outfit (it's what the officials wear-- I felt like I should have been asking people: "May I take your order please?") or my hair. Yeah. I know. I don't look that great with a ponytail, but it's regulation.
2. I've succeeded in making it to the June without any sugar or deep-fried foods! It's definitely getting easier as time goes on.... just because I don't want to break my streak. ;) The good news is, it's totally paying off! I went to the clinic this week and weighed myself.... and I've lost 15 lbs!
3. We went to Jonah & Sage's school on Thursday evening for their annual Spring Concert. They combine the concert with a bar-b-q fundraiser and carnival. Jonah and Sage both had responsibilities.... Jonah had a 30 minute shift in the game his class was running and Sage took a shift in her class' booth where she sold rice krispie cake. They both sang with their classes and Jonah performed with the voluntary choir, too. It was a sad evening, as their music teacher is resigning and moving to B.C. We're all so sorry to see her go.... she is fabulous!
I dislike face painting, so Sage asked if she could get her arm painted instead.
Here are Sage & Jonah with their teacher. It was an emotional evening with quite a few tears.
4. This weekend's forecast is for sunshine and a high of 25°C. I'm planning on wearing a tank top. ;)
5. I made another card this week, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: pocket cards. I made this one for one of my kids' former teachers.... just to let her know I'm thinking of her.
I used PTI cardstock (rustic white, sweet blush), buttons, twine and stamps (rosie posie, botanical silhouettes). The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.
Here's the note card that pulls out.
With the card, I also included a plate of homemade baking powder cinnamon buns.
6. Today, our town is having its annual Block Party downtown. This year, our taekwondo club was asked to participate by doing a demonstration, so we'll be going to that shortly. I'm hoping I'll get to do some board breaking. :) Wish me luck!
Thanks for looking!